Where is my amended return – Amended Refund Status
The IRS Where is My Amended Return tool provides the status of Form 1040X Amended Tax Return for the current year and up to three prior years. Where is my amended return. Amended Tax Refund Status
You can generally expect your amended tax return to be processed up to 16 weeks from the date we receive it. It can take up to three weeks from the date you mailed it to show up in our system.
Please Note: You will not be able to access certain amended returns using this application.
IRS telephone assistors will not be able to provide additional information while your amended return moves through processing.
There is no need to call our toll-free number unless “Where’s My Amended Return?” specifically indicates that you should call.
- Get your Amended Return Status from the IRS, here.
Checking The Status Of A Federal Amended Return (Form 1040-X)
- Confirm that the IRS has received the amended federal tax return
- Check on the processing status of the amended federal tax return
- Get an estimated completion time for the processing of your federal tax return
- Tax Topic 308 – Amended Returns
- Tax Topic 202 – Tax Payment Options
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Check availability of IRS Tax systems
- How to file amended tax return(1040x)